Planning Your Charitable Giving
Why Charitable Giving?
Planned giving is making a commitment to your community! By giving to charitable organizations with a single gift, regular gifts as part of your overall financial planning, or a gift over time or after your death as part of your estate planning, you’re showing the community you care and that giving back is important to you.
Warren County Philanthropic Partnership is an Affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines and as such we can help citizens achieve their giving goals. Giving can take place as a gift directly to WCPP or WCPP can assist you in setting up a fund that allows you to direct assets to causes you’re passionate about.
Types of funds we can assist you with:
- Donor Advised Funds – flexible, allowing donors to support multiple causes anytime they choose
- Designated Funds – benefits a single nonprofit organization of the donor’s choice, ensuring a steady stream of annual support
- Legacy Funds – allows donors to establish a plan after their lifetime, knowing the causes they care about are supported for generations
Other fund opportunities are also available.
Gifts made through the WCPP and Community Foundation may allow donors to receive the Endow Iowa Tax Credit, which is a 25 percent Iowa tax credit in addition to the normal charitable income deductions offered on certain gifts.
To qualify, charitable gifts must be made:
- Through a qualified community foundation, such as WCPP and the Community Foundation
- To a permanent endowment fund which limits distribution to 5 percent
- For the benefit of one or more Iowa charitable causes
- By individuals, businesses or financial institutions
Learn more about Endow Iowa Tax Credit HERE.
WCPP and the Community Foundation are available to get you started, answer questions and establish funds. To set up a free, no-obligation discussion about planned giving, email WCPP@wcedc.com.
You can begin by aligning your charitable giving and volunteering with your values, life experiences and interests. The CFGDM’s Giving Guide is designed to help you:
- Define your values
- Identify your areas of interest
- Create a personal or family mission statement
- Help you make strategic decisions about your charitable giving
Direct Gifts to WCPP
Giving a gift to one of WCPP’s permanent endowment funds means you will make an impact now and far into the future, as donations to our endowment funds are responsibly distributed to nonprofit organizations in Warren County who request funds for their projects. Gifts to WCPP can come in the form of:
- Cash donations to one of our funds listed below
- Real Estate or Farmland
- Retirement Assets
Click on the names of the following WCPP Funds to Donate Today!
- Warren County Philanthropic Partnership Passthrough Fund
- Warren County Trails Endowment Fund
- Warren County Philanthropic Partnership Endowment Fund
Join the Warren County Family
In addition to helping individuals with their planned giving, WCPP also assists nonprofit organizations in establishing their own endowment.
Types of funds include:
- Agency Funds – established by a local nonprofit to serve as the endowment fund to support their operations
- Committee Advised Funds – a group identifies the charitable causes it wishes to support
To set up a free, no-obligation discussion about establishing your own endowment, email WCPP@wcedc.com.